A Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is a formal organization composed of parents, teachers, students and staff that is intended to facilitate family involvement in a school. PTA is the oldest, largest, child advocacy association in the country, providing a history and accomplishments that support the connection between effective engagement and academic achievement for all children.
The overall purpose of PTA is to make every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. When families, schools, and communities work together,
• Student achievement improves,
• Teacher morale rises,
• Communication increases,
• Family, school and community connections multiply.
Marshall ISD is very fortunate to have a supportive parent community and strong PTA organizations. Please check out these available links to find out more about specific campus PTA groups.
• David Crockett Elementary
• Price T. Young Middle School
• Robert E. Lee Elementary
• Sam Houston Middle School
• South Marshall STEM Academy
• William B. Travis Elementary